The PM WANI Scheme has taken India by storm. An initiative to spread the internet across all the regions of India is definitely commendable. However, in order to get the full benefits of this scheme, you must know everything there is to know about it.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to take a look at the different aspects of the PM WANI scheme. We will also tell you about how to set up your own public Data Office and provide internet in your area – free of cost.
Background of the PM WANI Scheme
Seeing the ubiquity of the internet in India, the government decided to come up with a way to make internet connectivity more widespread and accessible. As a result, the PM WANI scheme came into the picture.
The goal of this scheme is simple – turn every store – small or big – into a WiFi hotspot. However, if you want to look at the goals with a more intimate perspective, take a look at the following points:
- To accelerate the internet services on the WiFi network
- Searching for suitable areas and establishing WANI hotspots
- Allowing people to access the internet at these locations via user registration
- Enabling ISPs to provide internet access to a wider crowd without paying any additional fees
- Expanding the service portfolio of stores by converting them into PDOs
- Implementing KYC to ensure that the internet can be used in a judicious and secure fashion
Related Service: Bee Certification
The Different Components of the PM WANI Scheme
To enable internet connectivity all over India, even in regions that are way too remote for their own good, the government of India has implemented the following components in the scheme:
- A Public Data Office: A PDO will act as the WANI hotspot. It will manage, set up and operate the routers providing internet connectivity to those in the vicinity.
- A Public Data Office Aggregator: A Public Data Office Aggregator is a unit that aggregates, collects the details of Public Data Offices in the area and provides the accounting and authorization services.
- App Provider: App providers is the purveyor of the application through which users can access the internet at any WANI compliant hotspot.
- Central Register: The Central register is the digital storage containing the information of Public Data Offices, Public Data Office Aggregators and App providers.
- WANI Interface: The final element is the WANI interface. It is the network that provides internet access to the people.
Getting the WANI approval
To establish a WANI hotspot, you need to obtain approval from the Department of Telecommunication. The procedure to obtain the said approval is as follows:
- Furnish the documents
- Fill out the application form
- Get the approval of the Department of Telecommunication
- Set up a WANI hotspot in your region.
PM WANI scheme is still now, and therefore, take the process we have provided with a grain of salt. However, as India’s leading telecom consultants, we are always updated about the latest regulations of this scheme. Thus, if you want to establish a WANI compliant platform in your region, contact Registrationwala.
Related Content: Cable Landing Station: General Information you need for setup