A topical antifungal for lips cream is a type of topical medication applied to the skin to treat a specific condition caused by fungus. This medication is typically used to relieve itching and irritation from a fungal infection affecting the skin, such as an athlete’s foot or jock itch.
Benefits of fungal infection cream
Topical best fungal infection creams in India are available over-the-counter from pharmacies and grocery stores. However, it should be noted that very young children may have an increased risk for side effects if they use this type of treatment. Therefore, in these cases, a doctor should be consulted before an over-the-counter medicine is given.
- Topical antifungal medications only treat superficial fungal infections affecting the epidermis (outermost layer of skin). Therefore, they are not used in the treatment of deep fungal infections.
- Since topical antifungal creams treat specific conditions caused by a fungus, there may be more than one cream available for the same situation. Nevertheless, each cream may contain the same active ingredient. In addition, different creams may include additional components or another type of active ingredient.
- Though topical antifungal creams are most often applied directly to the skin, they can be used to other body areas such as the vagina and fingernails.
- Today, many over-the-counter topical antifungal creams and ointments contain varying concentrations of azole antifungal drugs such as clotrimazole and miconazole. However, several other types of topical antifungal creams may be used in place of azole medications.
- Some topical antifungal creams and ointments contain a mixture of two or more different types of antifungals. Some topical antifungal creams treat common types of fungal infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, and jock itch. In these cases, an over-the-counter topical antifungal cream may be all that is required to relieve discomfort and itching.
However, some other topical antifungal creams are designed to treat other conditions caused by fungus. The advantages of using these creams are that they are generally non-staining and more accessible to apply than azole drugs. In addition, ointments can be used in the prevention and treatment of diaper rash on infants and for treating nail fungus (onychomycosis).
Even though topical antifungal creams can treat various conditions caused by a fungus, they are not suitable in all cases. In particular, some types of topical antifungal creams should not be used on broken skin or people with eczema. As a result, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before using topical antifungal creams.
Antifungal creams can offer relief to your itching and other symptoms without introducing any additional discomfort or side effects. The only way to find that itchy feeling relief is by applying a topical antifungal cream on your skin.
Through the years, many topical antifungal creams have been developed, which are available over-the-counter from pharmacies and grocery stores. The original compound that, in a more recent time, has been renamed clotrimazole is among those active ingredients that are involved in the range of topical antifungal creams. In addition to azole antifungals such as clotrimazole and miconazole, some other types of topical antifungal creams are available today.