It is never been easy for any freshers to answer ” Tell me about yourself ” in an interview. In this article, we will discuss some formulas to answer Tell me about yourself for freshers. It also includes some tips or suggestions to formulate the right answer for this particular question. But, before learning some tips to answer these questions.
Let’s see why the interviewer asks ” Tell me about yourself for freshers”.
Well, if anyone thinks this is an innocent question, you would be probably wrong. The purpose of this question is to check certain qualities or skillsets of individual candidates. For example, the interviewer will ask this question to check your communication skills and thought process. They also want to see if you’d be the right fit for the respective organisation.
Formula: To answer “Tell me about yourself” for Freshers
Well, in straight words, there is no correct answer to this particular question. Although, there are some formulas to formulate some efficient answers for candidates to move on to the next round of the interview.
- To begin with, you should thank the interviewer first, for providing this job opportunity. Then introduce yourself and after that, share your highest educational qualification.
- You can also include your awards or accomplishments that you might have achieved in your school or college.
- After that, show your interest in that particular field or position that you have applied for.
- Share your experience with any work you may have done in college or during your internship program.
- Try to convince the interviewer that you are the right person for this particular profile by displaying your persuasive skills, qualifications, and accomplishments.
- Finally, assure them that you plan to stick around for a long time. Why? Because hiring managers and recruiters always look for candidates who will be able to work with them for a long time so that they would not have to go through the process of hiring a new person again should they decide to stay only for a few months or years.
Tips: Answer “Tell me about Yourself for freshers“
While answering “Tell me about yourself”, it is required to cover every relevant point within 2-3 minutes and you need to avoid any unrelated topic or personal life.
Make a List
It is considered a good practice that, you make a list of your skills, accomplishments, awards, and experiences and pick relevant topics while answering these questions. Try to avoid any negative topics or terms like weakness or badmouthing anyway.
Saying the answer out loud in front of a mirror or your family members or friends will help you gain more confidence when the time comes. As this is the world of work, the language and tone you use should be delivered professionally and confidently. Do not use slang words, and mind your body language.
Add Something That Is Not In Your Resume
Many candidates recite their resumes from top to bottom when asked to talk about themselves. Remember that interviewers already have those facts in their hands. Try adding at least one instance or story briefly about something that is not mentioned in your resume, like what you experienced while you were doing your internship. This will help you stand out from the crowd.
Also Read: Salary Increment Letter