Everyone loves to look young, beautiful, and attractive. The skin is the largest organ that is found outside the body. To be beautiful, you need to make your skin look smooth and fair. Thank God there are various treatments available right now with the potential to make your skin have all the features of beautiful skin. One of the many treatments that you can try out is called microneedling. This post explores the effects of collagen induction therapy and microneedling cost near me.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is also referred to as collagen induction treatment. This skincare treatment involves puncturing the skin using small tiny needles. It is a less invasive method of skin restoration that works by stimulating blood circulation. Microneedling is an ideal procedure if you want to remove the effects of scars by increasing collagen production. In a clinical environment, it is quite easy to prepare and administer microneedling. However, you need to look for a professional practitioner with years of experience to make it work effectively. You only need a couple of hours, and you’re good to go.
What often takes time during the procedure is consultation between the client and the practitioner. One of the things you need to consider undergoing this procedure is the microneedling cost near me. The doctor will also need to explain to you some of the things you need to do after the procedure – call or microneedling aftercare. After the procedure, you need to take various steps to ensure that your skin heals gracefully—the reason being microneedling works by puncturing the skin.
Some people choose to perform the microneedling procedure at home, which also calls for extra precautions. Microneedling aftercare reduces the risk of infection days after performing the collagen induction therapy. So, once microneedling has taken place, what should you expect, and what are the aftercare steps and instructions? Let’s find out. Remember to consult with your provider about microneedling cost near me.
Expectations After Microneedling Skin Therapy
Potential side effects may occur after the microneedling therapy. Once the doctor is through with this skincare procedure, your skin may turn bright red or flushed. It will look like the skin of someone who has spent hours in direct sunlight and suffered mild or moderate sunburn. The skin will swell up, and the redness may persist for 24 hours after the procedure. Sometimes, it may last longer. It is quite tricky to get rid of the bright reddish skin immediately after the collagen induction therapy even after taking great care of the skin.
If you want to use makeup to hide the redness of your skin, then you should know that doing so will only make things worse. Applying makeup will block your newly cleansed skin pores which will lead to breakouts. To get the best outcomes, you have to be patient after the procedure to allow the redness of the skin to subside on its own. To get some relief in the meanwhile, you can go ahead and use unscented natural products with natural ingredients, which are gentle to the skin.
After undergoing microneedling, swelling and skin peeling is considered normal within 48 hours. If it goes beyond that, you will need to seek medical attention from your dermatologist. Other normal side effects include dry skin, bumps, and breakouts. However, these side effects may not affect everyone after having microneedling. To minimize side effects after microneedling, use moisturizers and gentle cleansers.
Microneedling Aftercare Tips
Going to a reputable doctor to undergo microneedling therapy is advisable because you will receive helpful instructions on what to do after the treatment. These instructions will depend on your skin type and skin concerns. The doctor may also give you aftercare instructions based on your medical history. To get the best results, make sure you follow these instructions carefully:
- The general rule of microneedling is that you need to apply sunscreen every time you go outside for two weeks
- You should not stay outside in the sun for too long, seven days after treatment
- You should spend most of the time indoors to prevent sun damage.
- Your doctor will subscribe to you topical antibiotics cream to help you prevent infections.
- Anytime you want to touch your face, you should wash your hands.
- You should avoid makeup by all means, especially with an old used brush, 24 hours after the procedure.
- Once you have undergone the therapy, you need to avoid saunas, swimming, and other physical activities that will make you sweat a lot for 72 hours.
What To Use and Avoid
- A few weeks after having the microneedling procedure, you need to avoid skin exfoliation products that contain harsh chemicals.
- Any scented skincare products are not good once you have received microneedling
- Skincare products that contain alpha hydroxy or glycolic acids are not recommended.
- Don’t use vitamin C and retinol A serum for at least 48 hours once you have undergone the collagen induction therapy.
- You can gradually go back to your usual skincare products once the two-day period after treatment ends.
- Use strong anti-aging skincare products once 48 hours have passed.
- Feel free to use hyaluronic acid because it helps to stimulate the production of collagen after the microneedling procedure
- Locking in moisture by applying coconut oil is necessary if your skin is very dry.
You require the best skincare treatment, such as microneedling therapy, to make your skin look young, smooth, and beautiful. However, collagen induction therapy requires proper aftercare to get the desired results. The beauty of having this kind of skincare therapy is that it utilizes the body’s natural healing process to restore your skin’s youthfulness. Always choose a professional practitioner to perform the procedure, and don’t forget to inquire about microneedling cost near me before the procedure.