We all use Gmail as our primary email service, but let’s be honest, when it comes to professionalism, we all switch to Microsoft Outlook. Well, why wouldn’t we? The support provided by Outlook is undoubtedly efficient. But even though people are so reliable on Outlook, there are still some issues they face with its functionality from time to time. These unwanted issues like Outlook not receiving emails automatically, being unable to send emails from outlook, etc. are like barriers that affect our entire workflow. Getting notifications of an important email is mandatory and is something you just can’t miss.
This is why we have made this guide to help you fix such an issue within a few steps. Here, we’ll help you if your Outlook is unable to send or receive emails automatically.
Methods to Fix Outlook Not Sending Or Receiving Emails Automatically
Here are some methods you can use when your Outlook is unable to send emails automatically.
Method 1: Revise Send/Receive Settings
- Launch Outlook on your device and click on tools.
- There, click on send/receive and visit the settings.
- In the settings, uncheck the “disables send/receive” option.
- Once done, restart Outlook and check if the automatic send or receive works at startup or not, (if not, continue with the following steps).
- Go to file and visit the main menu, click on file > options.
- On the left side, click on Advanced, and under the Send Receive section, click on the send/receive button.
- Tap on New.
- Type the name of the new group and click OK.
- Then, in the send/receive settings, click on the “Include the selected account in this group” and click OK.
- After that, highlight the new group and make sure that the “Include this group in send/receive” checkbox is selected. (additionally, you can also specify the period or the time intervals when you want to send or receive the automatic emails on Outlook, like scheduling an email every 30 minutes or as per your preference).
- Then select “All Accounts” and click Remove.
Note: If you are unable to remove the “All Accounts” group, then uncheck the ‘Include this group in send/receive” checkbox below.
- Close the “send/receive” window and restart your Outlook.
Method 2: Repair Microsoft Office
- To start with the repair, navigate to Programs and Features.
- Simultaneously, press the Windows key +R key to open and run the command box.
- Type: appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Then, in the Programs and Features option, select the Microsoft Office product that is installed on your device and click on change.
- After that, click Repair and follow the steps, to begin with, the repair process of Microsoft Office.
Important Note: After clicking on Repair if you get the message “How would you like to repair your Microsoft Office Programs”, it’s advise to select the “Quick Repair” option, this will check and repair the missing and corrupt files. If, even after the quick repair, the problem isn’t fixed, select the “Online Repair” option to reinstall your Microsoft Office products, but for this, make sure your device is connected to a stable internet connection.
So that was all about fixing the automatic send or receive issue in Outlook. This issue is quite common amongst Outlook users, but the good part is. There’s no lengthy or tricky method to resolve the issue, just follow the above-given steps carefully, and you’ll be alright.