Did you know that tensile strength is an important factor when it comes to the durability of plastic? It directly indicates the durability of plastics against tensile force. Thus, it is important for the plastic product manufacturer to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials in order to determine their durability. Thus, we at Presto are the leading manufacturer of lab testing instruments and have designed one of the high-quality lab testing equipment known as a tensile strength tester. We have designed this laboratory testing equipment on the basis of a constant rate of traverse and is highly useful in evaluating the tensile strength of material with ease. We have equipped this lab testing equipment with an upper and lower jaw that makes it easy for the manufacturers to conduct the tensile strength of materials with ease. Here, we are going to discuss how this laboratory testing instrument is useful in finding the tensile properties of the materials. But first, we will focus on a brief about the Presto tensile strength tester and its purpose of using. So, let us get started!
What is a tensile strength tester and its purpose?
If you are working in the polymers and plastic industry, then you must be aware of the different properties of the material, like elongation strength, yield strength, and many more. Thus, it is important for manufacturers to conduct different tests on the materials to ensure quality. The tensile strength test or elongation test is one of the crucial tests that will be conducted on the material to measure the tensile properties of the materials with ease.
We consider the tensile strength tester to be one of the essential quality lab testing instruments designed by the experts at Presto. This tensile test machine is based on the constant rate of traverse (CRT) I have equipped principle and with the upper and lower jaw to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials.
In the plastic product manufacturing industry, this lab testing instrument is highly useful in measuring the force required to break the sample and measures the extent to which the sample stretches.
We will place the specimen between the two jaws and pulled until it gets damaged. This universal testing machine will help the manufacturers to make sure that the products will be durable enough to withstand the tensile load of the material. You can read more about the purpose of tensile strength tester in the plastic industry.
Importance of conducting tensile strength test on plastics
If you are working in the plastic product manufacturing industry, then a tensile strength tester is considered being the best investment in your product manufacturing business. The elongation test performed on the materials will easily help to determine whether the material will break when a sudden force will be applied to it. Presto is Asia’s top tensile strength testing machine manufacturer and provides you with this high-quality lab testing equipment at the best and most affordable prices. This quality lab testing equipment will help to analyze the mechanical properties of the plastics like yield strength, elongation strength, and other related properties, and make sure that high-quality materials will be delivered to the customers.
This testing machine will smoothly conduct the tensile strength test on the materials and assess their susceptibility to structural materials. It has equipped the digital model of the Presto tensile strength tester with advanced load sensors and a bright LED display so that users can accurately test their materials and view the test results. Besides this, I have embedded it with a huge number of features, which we have listed below.
Features of Presto tensile strength tester
The tensile strength tester digital model has been equipped with highly advanced features that we have listed below. With the use of these features, one can easily evaluate the tensile strength of materials and make sure that we will deliver accurate products to customers with ease.
- Advanced load sensor sensing through advanced electronics.
- Highly sensitive load sensor with linearity feature and repeatability
- Crosshead travel length: 750mm grip to grip
- Single column rugged structure
- Safety limit switches for over-travel safety
- Hardened lead screws for frictionless movement
- Load cell calibrated by NPL-approved proving ring/dynamometers
- High accurate micro-controller-based system controls
- Peak Hold facility available
- Bright LED display
- Immediate analysis of results after test with complete accuracy & precision
- Feather touch controls
- Specially designed gripper jaws for holding fragile samples.
- Another capacity available chart as per requirement.
- Wintest one-way communication software.
- Graph of Force vs Elongation
- Easy Data management. Users can create product identification, Sample ID, shape of specimen, Company Name, operator details, etc.
- Auto cut-off facility.
- AC Speed drive as an optional accessory (Variable Test Speed)
Technical Specifications of Presto tensile strength tester
- Motor: ¼ HP Single Phase 220 / 110 V AC Supply
- Speed: 100 mm/min and 200 mm/min (Changeable through belt & Pulley mechanism)
- Display: Digital (LED)
- Accuracy: ± 2% at Full Load (with master load)
- Grip to Grip separation: Min 25mm and Max. 700mm
This standardized it has embedded tensile strength tester with an advanced set of features that will provide a controlled environment for the users to conduct the tensile strength test. With the vast applications of Presto tensile strength tester, it is the first choice of plastic product manufacturers who want to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials.
How does the tensile strength tester work?
If you want to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials, then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- When you start the machine, then place the specimen accurately.
- Press TARE and RESET buttons to set the value of the peak load indicator.
- Turn the rotatory switch in the downward direction.
- When the rotatory switch will move in the lower direction, then it will increase the value shown in the load indicator.
- Turn the rotatory switch OFF when the specimen will get ruptured.
- We will show the load on the machine when the machine will get stopped.
- You can also press the memory switch on the load indicator to show the peak value.
- Note down the peak values shown in the load indicator and determine the tensile strength of the specimen.
In this way, you can easily conduct tensile strength tests on the materials. If you want to conduct the tensile strength test on the materials, then you can easily give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at i[email protected]. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your queries.