The Golden Retriever is one of the most popular dog breeds in the United States. They make the perfect family pet due to their pleasant nature. Their color varies from pale yellow to cream, dark yellow to golden, and their shape varies from broad and dense to thinner and athletic. Their plumage can be wavy or straight. Their chest, hind legs and tail are hairy. Their lifestyle is quite different from other breeds. Read below to explore.
Today we will talk about Golden Retriever. This is an excellent family dog with a great personality. Today we will take about their lifestyle, what they like to eat, and how to care for them. We will also discover some fun facts about them. We will explore some ways to spend quality time with them.
Scientific Name of Your Dog
In case you do not know let me tell you that Golden Retriever is known as Canis lupus familiaris scientifically.
Your Dog is ‘Kid-friendly’ and ‘Pet-Friendly’ or not?
This dog breed has a sweet and caring personality. They are kind to youngsters and other animals. They also get along well with other pets and children. They are not an immediate threat to your cat, but it depends on how well trained and socialized your dog is. So, need not worry. They are devoted to their owner.
Best Diet For Golden Retriever
Fresh foods like raw ground beef, turkey, chicken, cheese, yogurt, and processed/chopped vegetables should always be added to the best Golden Retrievers’ diet. Golden Retriever’s skin allergies and chronic infections can be aggravated by poor quality food.
Tips to Exercise And Training Your Dog
Exercise and training are very necessary for any pet animal. Take them for a walk and jogging. Swimming can be another best way to keep them active and cool during summer.
Train plays a vital role in the life of your pet. Therefore, the training session is important for them. Teach them basic commands such as sit, down and come go.
How to Groom your dog?
Golden Retriever is not a that difficult job. Your dog companion can show off his beauty anytime, anywhere with a few basic tools and 20-30 minutes of weekly brushing. Let me tell you that the following should be included in the Golden Retriever’s grooming routine:
- 3-5 times a week, brushing.
- You should brush your teeth twice a week.
- Every 2-3 weeks, trim their nails.
There are many health problems that may affect your Golden Retrieve and they are:
- Eye Disorders
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Mast Cell Tumors
When you buy them from a reputable breeder, you can expect to pay between $1,000 and $3,500. However, when you factor in all the additional costs you may have to incur, all golden retrievers cost about the same.
Explore Outdoor Together
If you have leisure time. Then you can spend time with your pet. For this, you can go outdoors because it is relaxing for you and your pet. You can go for:
- Take a Hike: Hiking is a great way to get some exercise and spend time with your dog. This not only allows you to enjoy the beauty of nature but also gives you the opportunity to bond with your dog while getting some exercise.
- Try Boating: An activity that can link to or separate from the previous spot, canoeing with your dog is a fun way to relax on the water for a few hours. Although most dogs are good swimmers, it is important to protect them with a dog life jacket. This is recommended, especially if this is their first outing on the water, in case they have trouble adjusting to the boat’s movements.
- Spend Time in Mall: Malls are always open to dogs, but some malls above and beyond accommodate dogs. Some directions have set up special play areas for dogs. Additionally, many stores have a policy of allowing well-behaved dogs inside their premises. All of this makes for a hassle-free day trip for the dogs.