The Legal Metrology Wing of the Department of Consumer Affairs came into being in 2009 and deals with the monitoring and regulating Manufacturing, Import, and Business of Weighing and Measuring Instruments and Devices.
At Corpseed, we help manufacturers and importers weigh and measure instruments and devices to obtain appropriate Certificate & Approvals. We assist manufacturers and importers of weighing and measuring instruments and devices to obtain appropriate licenses and approvals for setting up their company and marketing their products. Corpseed helps manufacturer’s and importers obtain Licenses and Certificate to use, sell and manufacture weighing and measurement devices in India. The Law of Legal Metrology governs weighing & measuring instruments in India. Get the registration for a Legal Metrology Certificate for selling and manufacturing weighing & measuring instruments in India. We can help you get it at a quick turnaround time and minimal cost. Corpseed LLP is a law firm that has helped over 1500 clients obtain their approval from Legal Metrology in India. We Specialize in Licensing and registrations, including, MSME Registration, GST Registration, IEC, BIS License, WPC Certificate, CDSCO License & ISI Certification, Company Registrations like OPC (One-person Company), Private Limited Company & Public Limited Company registration etc. At Corpseed ITES, we help you register your manufacturing unit under the Legal Metrology Wing of the Department of Consumer Affairs. With over four years of experience in this field, we have successfully assisted clients in getting their company registered under the required criteria and obtaining permission from concerned authorities in the stipulated time frame. We are one of the most trusted Legal Metrology Certificate companies in India, which has provided end-to-end solutions for registration related queries for many Corporate clients.
Manufacturer, Dealer & Repairer need following Documents along with the Application:
- Photographs, Identity and Address proof of the applicant/partners
- Proof of the Date of Birth of applicant/partners.
- Ownership or tenancy document of the proposed premises.
- Partnership deed in case of partnership firms.
- Model approval certificate, granted by the Director, Legal Metrology, Govt. of India, if required under Legal Metrology General Rules, 2011 with respect to the proposed weighing and measuring instrument.
- NOC from pollution control Board, especially in Taj Trapezium zone.
- List of machinery and tools.
- Affidavit to state that applicant would adhere to the Legal provisions and the directions issued by the Controller.
- Affidavit to state that applicant had neither been punished by any Court nor is any criminal proceeding pending in any court.
- Registration document of factory/shop/establishment/municipal trade license, as the case may be.
- Copy of GST Registration.
- Copy of PAN.
Legal address proof of the Manufacturing Unit:
- Copy of Factory License mentioning the relevant product as the scope of manufacturing and indicating the address of manufacturing unit – in English as well in original language
- Copy of Trademark (Brand) Registration
- Authority Letter from Trademark owner, if manufacturing unit is not the owner of Trademark
Technical Details about the Product:
- Sample(s) along with user manual and accessories to run the product
- Product name, Brand name and Model number
- Safety critical components list
- BoM (Bill of Material)
- PCB layout and circuit diagram of the product
- Mains power / SMPS Layout and circuit diagram
- Details of series models, if any – please refer the series guideline
- Copy of marking label
- OEM support to configure the product for functional testing, if required
Details of AIR (Authorized Indian Representative), in case of foreign manufacturer:
- KYC of AIR Company
- Details of signatory person
Additional Technical Details in case of Cell / Battery:
- UN 38.3 test report (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) for lithium ion cells and batteries
- ISO 9001 certificate