When you attempt to open or register QuickBooks Point of Sale, you may face up with several impediments in the shape of error codes. One such error is the QuickBooks POS Error 176109, which pops up and completely halters your work progress.
This article unravels all the updated walkways to resolve this QuickBooks POS invalid product number error 176109. It will also give you an elaborate knowledge of the various causes behind the error. So, Lets dive in!
Causes of QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid Product Number Error 176109
Various causes may propel the QuickBooks Point of sale error 176109. Some of the prominent ones are depicted below:
- Damaged files found in the QuickBooks Point of Sale entitlement folder.
- QuickBooks POS installation uses an incorrect product code or number.
- You are not currently logged in as the computer’s administrator.
Simple solutions to fix QuickBooks POS Error 176109: Product Number Invalid
Let us now march towards the various solutions and implement the guidelines provided in each solution.
Solution 1: Remove the entitlement client folder’s files.
- Hit on the ‘CTRL+E’ keys to launch ‘Windows Explorer,’ then navigate to ‘C: Program/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv8.’
- To select all of the files, use the keyboard shortcut ‘CTRL+A.‘ Then tap on ‘Delete.’
- Hit on ‘Yes’ to confirm.
- To re-register, open QuickBooks Point of Sale right away.
Solution 2: Alter the file name of the ‘WSActivity’ file
Follow the steps below:
- Hit the ‘CTRL+E’ keys to launch the ‘Windows Explorer,‘ then navigate to ‘C: Program/Data/Intuit/QuickBooks Point of Sale XXIni.‘
- Right-click on the ‘WSActivity‘ and hit ‘Rename.’
- To save, type ‘OLDWSActivity’ and click anywhere.
- Close the window.
- Restart QuickBooks Point of Sale right away and see if the error vanished.
- If these steps weren’t successful for you, consider reinstalling the QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks POS after uninstalling it
Step 1: Remove QuickBooks Point of Sale initially.
- To open the Run box, tap the ‘Windows + R’ keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- In the Run window, type ‘Control.’ Double-tap on the control panel to open it.
- Choose ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Programs’ to Uninstall.
- Hit on ‘Uninstall’ after tapping‘ ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale‘ from the list of programs.
- Hit on ‘Yes’ to affirm. Let the uninstall process conclude.
Step 2: Afterward, Name all the point-of-sale folders
Type in ‘OLD‘ towards the end of the folder after right-clicking on it and hitting on the ‘Rename’ option. QuickBooks Point of Sale will not be able to recognize the folder as such. As an alternative, it will create a new folder afresh.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Point of Sale once more.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale on your computer first.
- At this point, adhere to the on-screen directions to reinstall QuickBooks POS.
- After installing QuickBooks, you’re ready to finish this procedure
- Create a new company file or restore one
- Launch the Point of Sale in QuickBooks, create a new company file and then restore the previously made backup.
- Close and reopen your QuickBooks point of sale after your file has been restored to make sure there are no more issues.
- You should now re-register QuickBooks Point of Sale
Solution 4: Try cleaning the Point-of-Sale entitlement folder’s contents.
- Initially, hit on ‘Start’ with the right mouse button and launch ‘Windows Explorer’. You can also launch the explorer by hitting on the ‘Win + E’ short key.
- Hit on ‘Organize’ and choose ‘Folder’ from the menu.
- Tap on ‘Show hidden files’ from the menu under ‘View.’
- Open ‘C:Program/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv8‘ in the left window.
- Choose ‘Delete’ after selecting all files using the ‘Ctrl + A’ keys.
- Reopen Point of Sale and complete the registration process.
- The methods above should help you, but if the issue persists, reach out to our experts through the Live chat option.
We conclude this article with high hopes that the methods of troubleshooting the QuickBooks POS error 176109 listed in this article proved fruitful to you. In case you still face any issues, reach out to our QuickBooks error support experts via our helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.
Read more helpful articles: www.nativesnewsonline.com