One of the most popular accounting software among owners of small and medium-sized businesses is QuickBooks. This software serves as a one-stop shop for all of your accounting requirements. It includes many features that save business owners time so they can devote their efforts to growing their businesses, giving them complete peace of mind. Like all other software, QuickBooks has its share of issues. I’ll be talking about one of the most common errors, QuickBooks error 6147, in this blog. The QuickBooks error code 6147 0 belongs to the 6000 series of errors.
We must first comprehend the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 6147,0.
Why QuickBooks Error 6147 Occurs
Some of the causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6147 are listed below:
- restoring a backup file from a network or external drive.
- ND or. TLG extensions could be corrupted or damaged.
- incorrect folder permissions to the folder containing your QuickBooks company file.
- Damaged QBW file.
- A mapped drive that may have been removed or the path no longer exists may open a QuickBooks company file.
You may like: How to Fix QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool?
The symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6147 are described.
- Since error 6147 affects company files, accessing company data in QuickBooks may become problematic.
- Even QuickBooks may eventually stop functioning before you experience error 6147.
- In a very small percentage of cases, Windows will also begin to sluggish and cease responding to your commands.
- Your keyboard and mouse, as well as any other linked devices, reacts to your orders slowly.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1612?
How Can QuickBooks Error 6147 Be Fixed?
Let’s talk about some potential fixes for QuickBooks Error Code 6147. However, if the issue persists despite trying the alternatives listed below, it may not be a one-time occurrence.
Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor as a first step.
To use this method, you must first download and install QuickBooks File Doctor. After installation, run this tool.
You may also like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 12157?
Create backup files in a separate location as a second step.
Note: If there is an issue with the backup file, you can try this solution. However, you must save your file to a different location if it is on a network disc or if Online QuickBooks backup is hosting your backup. The backup files can be saved locally on another computer system.
- Make sure that the system is not finished being hosted.
- Therefore, in QuickBooks, pick utilities from the file menu by clicking on it.
- If the option to Stop Hosting Multiple Users is present, you should choose the following:
- Discontinue the Hosting Multiple User Access.
- On the displayed window, select yes. Hold off until the following window has appeared.
- With the company file closed, select yes.
- Restore using the system’s existing backup file.
Note: Hosting greatly aids in granting access rights to the company’s file. Make sure the company file name does not exceed the permitted 210 characters.
See this also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error code 15102?
Repair the.ND and.TLG file as a third step.
.ND and.TLG files should be renamed. The configuration files for QuickBooks that enable company files to run in a network or in a multi-user mode are called ND and.TLG files.
These actions must be taken in order to rename the file.
- The folder containing your QuickBooks company file should be opened.
- .TLG and ND files
- Right-click these files and choose a new name .ND and .TLG are outdated.
If QuickBooks Error Code 6147 is still not resolved, chat with the QuickBooks Error Support team who will help you resolve the problem without further delay.
You may like: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15215?