Are you facing a slow laptop speed issue? Well, it’s a common problem faced by many many users. Sometimes due to heavy workload and sometimes because of the poor state of the laptop, it becomes a major problem.
And most of the time, people opt for laptop repair services when they face a slow system speed problem. No doubt they protect as well as prevent your device from future damages.
Do you know this issue can be solved by some DIY tips? Well, we have mentioned full-proof tips to prevent your slow-running laptop. To know more, read our article.
7 Tips To Speed Up Slow Running Laptop
1. Uninstall unused programs
You may find many computers with pre-installed apps and programs. And mostly, users don’t even know that those programs are on their system. Often you download some apps or software that you don’t want anymore.
So to make your system run faster, you can delete these programs and free up some space from it. Follow the steps for uninstalling programs
- First, go to the Start menu or click on the Windows button
- Choose Control Panel
- Tap on the Programs option
- You will find an option of Uninstall a program (under Programs and Features)
- Go to the programs that you are not using anymore
- Tap on the Uninstall button
Following these steps will help you to run the computer or laptop faster.
2. Disk cleanup
Once you have opted for the disk cleanup feature, it will remove unwanted files safely. Moreover, it will empty the trash Bin and delete temporary files.
For a Disk Cleanup, check out the process:
- Tap on the Windows button or Start menu
- Choose the Computer or My Computer option
- Now, right-click on the drive for cleanup (mostly, it is the C: drive).
Now there will be a column; it will represent the total free space available on your disk. For example, the free space is 20% or less of the disk size. And then click on the Disk Cleanup button.
You need to verify the disk that you want a cleanup. Your computer will easily calculate the total space needed to be freed up.
- First click on the check button on all the boxes
- Click the OK or Enter button
- Undoubtedly, with a clean hard disk, it will be easier to find files faster.
3. Deleting temporary data
When you visit a website, there might be chances of installing a temporary file unknowingly. And once you leave that website, those files are not needed. But it continues to take up space on the storage, so deleting it may free up some space.
For deleting temporary files, you can follow the process:
- Click on the Start menu or the Windows button
- Select My Computer
- You will see a left-nav bar; go there are tap the small arrow, it will expand the files on the local C drive.
- First, expand the folder of Windows
- Choose the Temp folder
- Now, choose the first file of the list; you need to hold the Shift key and select the last file with the date of yesterday.
- Tap on the delete key
Once you free up some space, your system will start running faster.
4. Start-up programs prevention
A computer can come up with programs that can start in the background automatically. These might be those programs that are used occasionally, but they might get started automatically.
If you want to prevent the program from automatically starting, then follow the process.
- First, tap right-click on the empty taskbar space
- Choose start Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Now, check out the list of all programs for items that don’t need to start automatically. Right-click on all the programs that need prevention from automatically starting
- Choose Disable option
Startup your system, and you will surely see a faster start-up time. Later there will be an instant increase in speed due to no longer running freed up resources.
Also Read: What Is a Mini PC?
5. Installing a SSD
Most of the time, the laptop becomes slow due to the heavy workload on your HDD. So you can consider changing it into a solid-state drive (SSD). A computer repair expert or company can help you with this.
SSD is better known for increasing the speed of everyday tasks up to six times. One SSDs uses flash memory to eliminate the moving parts appearing in HDDs.
Well, for a laptop SSDs are considered an energy-efficient and durable option. Many manufacturing companies are using SSDs for their new laptops due to their lightweight durability, and it uses less battery than HDDs.
6. RAM add
Before adding RAM, make sure you choose the right laptop repair services or professionals. Well, start with checking the total RAM installed presently in your laptop.
- Tap on the Start button
- Go to My Computer
- Choose main drive (C Drive) and right-click on it
- Now select Properties
- To see installed RAM, go to Under System
Once you have confirmed whether your laptop needs more memory or not, you can add RAM from any nearby computer repair center.
7. Dust remove
Sometimes laptop speed is lower because of not cleaning it. It collects dust and debris in the fan and obstructs the airflow, and makes the computer overheat. This automatically decreases the performance of a laptop and makes it stay cool. You need to find an expert who can use compressed air to blow dust from the vents of the fan.
We hope implementing these tips will speed up the processing of your laptop. So have you tried these tricks? If yes, but still your system isn’t working well, then you need an expert service provider.
To conform to the issue with your device, choose the best laptop repair in Singapore and nearby. They can provide you with the best solutions and protect your laptop. Moreover, with expert guidance, it will be easier to hand over your laptop in safe hands.
Thank you for reading!