Summary: Are you facing “eDiscovery Export Tool Not Downloading PST” error? Read this article to explore the potential reasons for these errors and how to overcome this error.
Microsoft Office 365 is the most prominent web-based platform used by many businesses. Since it is a cloud service, you can never be sure of data security.
So, almost every Office 365 user prefers to keep their data in PST format to their local system to add a layer of extra security. For that, oftentimes they use the native eDiscovery export tool to download pst files.
However, it is not always giving the desired results and fails to download the pst files. And, many office 365 users have a common query i.e ‘eDiscovery export tool is not downloading pst’.
Hence, let’s find out what could be the reasons behind getting such errors.
Why Are You Not Able to Successfully Download PST using eDiscovery Export Tool?
In Microsoft Exchange Online, after you install and start the eDiscovery PST export tool, users complain that they experience “eDiscovery Export Tool Not Downloading PST” error.
These difficulties occur due to any of the below causes.
- You may not be using the latest version of Windows.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 or later and don’t have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later installed on your system.
- Also, you might not have configured the local intranet zone correctly in Internet Explorer.
- It could be a scenario where you don’t have the ClickOnce browser extension
- You are using a proxy server
So, how can you fix the above problems?
Manual Solution to Fix the eDiscovery Export Tool Not Responding
By following the below manual approach, you will be able to get rid of the problem related to exporting pst files.
- Try using the latest Windows version such as Windows 10 or above.
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later version for getting a better result.
- Add ‘https://*.outlook.com’ to the Local intranet zone in the Internet Explorer. If not added then you can add the same by following the below steps.
- Open ‘Internet Explorer and on the ‘Tool’ menu click on the ‘Internet Options’
- Then select ‘Local Intranet’ on the ‘Security’ tab.
- Click ‘Site’ and after that click ‘Advanced’
- Add ‘https://*.outlook.com’
- Finally, click on the ‘Close’
- In case you are using a non-Microsoft browser then install the ‘ClickOnce’ extension. You can find it on the add-on webpage of that browser.
- While using a proxy server, the connection times out. So, use the ‘netsh’ command-line tool and run the below commands.
- ‘netsh winhttp show proxy’
- ‘netsh winhttp set proxy proxyservername:8080’
As you can see, there are a lot of things to consider while opting for a manual solution.
So, is there another way to export pst files without any hassle? Yes, there is! You can overcome the PST file exporting issue in no time using the automated method.
Let’s have a look at the same.
Alternet and Effective Method to Avoid eDiscovery Export Tool Not Downloading PST Error:
Considering the fact that eDiscovery slows down the exporting process and sometimes hangs your system, technology comes to the rescue.
So, try the Top Rated Office 365 Export Tool to export pst files seamlessly. Now, if you are thinking about why you should opt for this tool. Then, one of the reasons is that this tried and tested software is recommended by many IT admins.
Further, you can use this software in any browser like Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer. Hence, it makes the software browser independent.
Another benefit of using the tool is that along with emails you can easily migrate contacts, tasks, calendars, etc.
Hence follow the below procedure to efficiently export pst files from Office 365.
Step-By-Step Guide to Download PST using the Software
You are just a few steps away to export your files in pst format.
Step-1: Download the software from the given link and launch it on your system.
Step-2: Click on the ‘Login’ button.
Step-3: Now, provide the login credentials. And mark the checkbox corresponding to ‘IsAdmin’. Then click on ‘Sign In’.
Step-4: In the next screen, you will see all the user IDs under the admin ID like the below picture.
Here select the necessary user IDs and click on the ‘Next’ button.
Step-5: After that, select the email format as PST by clicking the radio button against ‘Microsoft Outlook(pst)
[Note: Tick the check box ‘Split Outlook Data Filter’ and enter the file size to be split]
Step-6: Now, select the desired categories such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. as shown in the screenshot below.
[Note: checkmark the ‘Date Filter’ checkbox and click on the ‘Set’ to select the date range.]
Step-7: After selecting the categories, click on the ‘Browse’ button to select the destination folder path.
Step-8: Now, click on the ‘Start’ button.
Step-9: The export process will then start.
Step-10: Finally click on the ‘Save Report’.
Must Read: If you want to migrate channels between Microsoft Teams. Then use the Most Secured Microsoft Teams Migration Tool to mograte data safely and quickly.
Though Microsoft provides an eDiscovery export tool to export files in pst format. But, most of the users are consistently facing downloading issues. Hence, it is best to rely on the experts’ advice on using the software while exporting your files to the local system.