QuickBooks is an online application used widely by accounting and financial companies to effectively handle their monetary exchange. The wide range of features and user-friendly techniques has made this application one of the top accounting software used popularly worldwide. However, in some instances, QuickBooks might get interrupted by an error that can cause an unexpected delay in accounting work such as QuickBooks error 6147.
QuickBooks error 6147 occurs when the user is trying to open the company file the user receives an error message flaming QuickBooks cannot access the company file to fix the problem click start. The user receives two options “Start” and “Cancel.” However, clicking on start may not always help you solve the issue.
If you are also going through the same problem follow this blog till the end to learn how to fix this. In case of additional information, you can contact our support team.
Identifying Features of the 6147 Error in QuickBooks
In order to confirm the presence of the 6147 error in QuickBooks, the user can look out for these symptoms on their QuickBooks desktop program
- The user might be unable to access the company file even after multiple attempts.
- The mouse buttons and keyboard presses also get slow responses from the application.
- QuickBooks stops responding.
- Other applications on the desktop might also start to respond slowly.
- The Windows operating system shows degradation in its performance.
Read more :- QuickBooks freezes when opening
Possible Factors Triggering the 6147 Error in QuickBooks
There could be various reasons causing the occurrence of the 6147 error in QuickBooks. It is important to know the factors triggering this error in order to avoid it in the near future.
- Outdated QuickBooks Application: An older version of the QuickBooks application can result in unexpected errors as the new features may not be compatible with an older version therefore it is advisable for the users to always update the QuickBooks to its latest version to keep availing for the features.
- Antivirus Software: Antivirus software loaded on the device may prevent the user from accessing online features from a third-party application in order to protect the device.
- Corrupted Data File: If the important QuickBooks data files like the network data file and the transaction log file are corrupted or damaged due to any reason it might lead to inaccessibility of the company files.
- New Location: If the original location of the company file is changed or moved to a different folder than the QuickBooks file in the C drive then it might lead to errors in the application making it inaccessible for the users.
Solving the Company File Error in the QuickBooks Desktop
Now that we are aware of the symptoms and the causes behind this error we know how important it is to resolve it to continue using the QuickBooks Desktop.
1. Change the Name of the Company File
- Go to the C drive and open the QuickBooks installation file. Search for the company file and right click on it and select rename
- If the name of the file is too long change the name of the file and make sure it has a maximum of 64 characters
- Save the name and try accessing the company file again.
2. Repair the Damaged .ND and .TLG files
- Open the QuickBooks folder from the C drive and find .ND and .TLG files.
- Change the name of the file keep the same extension and save the file.
- Rerun the QuickBooks application and try accessing the company file now.
Hopefully, after reading this blog till the end you would have realized how harmful QuickBooks error 6147 can be to your work it can cause unnecessary delays and need two major issues with the accounting business. Therefore we advise the users 2 follow the step-by-step instructions elaborated above to troubleshoot this problem. In spite of this if you need any extra information dial +1 800-579-9430 for help.
Related article :-