Do you handle your emails with Microsoft Outlook? Can Outlook import MBOX file? If that’s the case, then here is your free manual instruction to import MBOX files to Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013.
For data management in either their personal or professional lives, people have been utilizing several email clients. There are many different email clients available, and each user has unique considerations to take into account when deciding which one best suits their needs. Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Lotus Notes, and other similar programs are only some of the more well-known ones.
Over 20 of these email clients save their emails and attachments in MBOX files rather than any other format. On this list of twenty or more, you’ll find names like Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and Eudora, among others. Even Opera Mail’s MBS files are saved in a modified version of the MBOX format. However, there are several notable outliers, such as Microsoft Outlook, which saves emails in the PST format, and Lotus Notes, which saves emails in the NSF format.
Manual Methods to Import MBOX Files to Outlook
Utilizing Mozilla Thunderbird as a go-between is required when doing the manual route. Thunderbird is recommended mainly because its import and export capabilities are superior to those of other email clients. It does not export to PST, unfortunately. It is nothing more than a manual workaround that makes use of EML files.
The following are the procedures that need to be taken to manually export an MBOX file to Outlook:
- Step 1: Installing Mozilla Thunderbird and setting up an email account inside it is the first step.
- Step 2: Locate and install the ImportExportTools add-on, then restart Thunderbird when the installation is complete.
- Step 3: Utilizing the add-on, import the MBOX file into the Thunderbird client. To do this, go to the Tools section of the main menu (if the Tools section is hidden, click the Alt key), then choose ImportExportTools and then Import MBOX file. Proceed with the procedure at this point and import the MBOX files into your Thunderbird account.
- Step 4: Now access this MBOX file folder that appears on the Thunderbird interface, and select all of the email messages that you want to see.
- Step 5: Now, right-click any of the chosen messages, and pick Save selected messages > EML format from the menu that appears.
- Step 6: Using the Select folder option, choose a location to store all of the EML files that you have downloaded.
- Step 7: Drag and drop all of the EML files into the Thunderbird interface to import the EML files into Outlook.
The procedure of dragging and dropping files from MBOX to Outlook will accomplish the importation of all of the files. Take notice that if there are many MBOX files, you will need to repeat all of the instructions provided for each MBOX file.
Can Outlook Import an MBOX File using a Professional Solution?
Therefore, to resolve this issue, you will need a solution that converts MBOX databases into only the format in question. Because of their cutting-edge features, customers have a strong desire for BitRecover MBOX to PST Converter. The Software offered by this company comes highly recommended to anyone interested in learning how Outlook imports MBOX files.
How Can I Import MBOX Files into Outlook?
- Downloading and setting up the program on your computer should be your first step.
- To import data at this point, choose either the “Select Files…” or “Select Folders…” option from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to choose the MBOX mailboxes that you want to be converted before continuing.
- After that, choose PST as the kind of file you want to save, as seen in the photo.
- Next, there is a distinct option that allows you to generate a PST file for each MBOX file. Therefore, choose one if necessary.
- After this, choose a target folder wherever you want the output to be saved, if you have more than one.
- To start the job, you must finally choose the option labeled “Convert.”
- A notice that reads “Conversion accomplished” appears after the procedure is finally finished.
- You may examine all.pst files for Outlook by going to the folder that was created as a consequence now.
After reading this article, the reader should no longer have any questions or concerns can Outlook import MBOX file. Users will find it difficult to attain the desired outcomes since there are no direct ways available. Nevertheless, customers who are stuck in this MBOX to PST conversion bind may benefit from a variety of options, some of which are manual and others that are automated. Because of the limitations of the manual technique, using BitRecover MBOX to PST converter is unquestionably the most practical option in this scenario. You may put all of your worries about migrating from MBOX to Outlook to rest by using its free version.