When it comes to corrugated boxes, bursting strength is a key factor in determining their durability and utility. Many businesses have discovered that traditional methods of testing the burst strength of corrugated paper are not always accurate or effective. Thus, if you are working in a box manufacturing firm, then we suggest you go with Presto bursting strength tester. This is one of the highly accurate lab testing instruments that is used to test the bursting strength of corrugated boxes. The bursting strength tester is a quick and easy way to determine the burst strength of corrugated boxes. It is designed to quickly and accurately test the strength of corrugated boxes against bursting pressure. This testing instrument will provide hydraulic load under the rubber diaphragm of a specific area of the sample under test.
Performing calibration procedures on the product will help the manufacturers to determine the traceability of measurement. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the six easy steps to calibrate Presto bursting strength tester with ease. So, let us get started!
Why you should test the corrugated box against bursting strength tester?
When it comes to shipping, there is one surefire way to ensure your items make it to their destination without any damage, i.e. the use of corrugated boxes. Using a corrugated box will help protect them from breaking during transport. Additionally, the extra padding inside the box will cushion any bumps or jolts along the way.
Sometimes it may happen that the box will burst out before delivering the products to the customers. Thus, it is important for the manufacturers to test the box against bursting.
Presto is India’s top manufacturer of bursting strength testers and provides this lab testing instrument at the best and most affordable price. This quality testing equipment can easily determine the bursting force that is required to test the material against bursting.
With the use of the Presto bursting strength tester, you can easily conduct the Mullen test on the material and measure the pressure required to break or rupture the material. Thus, testing box bursting strength will help the manufacturers to deliver accurate products to the customers with ease. You can even save your product from getting damaged.
How does Presto bursting strength tester help to measure the bursting strength of boxes?
Presto, being the leader of lab testing instruments, will provide an accurate analysis of the bursting strength of the materials like corrugated boxes, fiberboards, cardboard, leather, cloth, or synthetic fibers. This high-quality testing equipment will easily test the maximum weight a box can handle using hydraulic pressure without getting burst.
It will express the bursting strength of materials in terms of kg/cm². This bursting strength test, of the material, will let the manufacturers determine the sturdiness of boxes against bursting and make sure whether the material can accurately be used to deliver products to the customers.
If you wish to measure the bursting strength of corrugated boxes, then you can easily follow the steps mentioned below:
- Before conducting the test, prepare the testing specimen, and plug the machine in 15 amps, 220 Volts AC.
- Place the specimen accurately on the platform at the center and parallel to the compression plate.
- Whenever you place the specimen on this lab testing instrument, then you should make sure that it will place accurately the specimen in the center and parallel to the compression plate. This will help with the accuracy of the test results.
- Once you place the specimen accurately on the testing instrument, then you can easily move the rotatory switch in the downward direction.
- Users can make use of the fast runner option to make the compression plate just above the testing specimen.
- Remove any air gap between the specimen and the compression plate.
- Once you follow all the above steps, then you can easily commence the test.
In this way, you can easily measure the bursting strength of the boxes with ease. You can read a brief about how the bursting strength tester works.
Now, let us discuss the calibration steps of the bursting strength tester.
How to calibrate the bursting strength tester with ease?
If you wish to calibrate the bursting strength tester designed by the experts at Presto, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Short the PROG LOCK in the rear panel to make changes in the configuration. Open the front panel and separate it from the unit. Open the plug and connect the master gauge to it.
- Place a metal plate of minimum dimensions of 100 X 100 mm on the lower clamp. (The metal plate should have a thickness of 3 mm if MS is used. We can use more thickness in the case of aluminum.)
- Press The PEAK/NORMAL button for at least 3 sec. To select normal mode. This will be indicated on the load indicator.
- Press the “push for the burst” button to maintain a pressure of approximately 20-25 kg/cm2 on the master gauge. Switch off the Mains button to hold the reading in the master gauge.
- If the readings on the master gauge and the load indicator do not match, as shown in the figure, this indicates that the machine is not calibrated properly.
- If the value in the master is not matching the load indicator, then Press Limit Button. This will show LCAL on the load indicator on the left side and a reading, such as 041.5 on the right side. Increase reading from 041.5 to 042.5 using the increment/decrement key. Now repeat the process until the values on the load indicator and the values on the master gauge match each other. Now open the ‘PROG LOCK’ in the rear panel to lock the configurations.
In this way, you can easily calibrate the machine accurately. If you still find any issues regarding the calibration, or service or want a Free sample testing session regarding this lab testing equipment, then you can give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected]. We will assist you with all your queries.