Having six-pack abs is the dream of many young people these days, but going to the gym is not easy for everyone. In such a situation, yoga is the easiest way to make six-pack abs by staying at home. Yes, you heard it right, yoga can help you build six-pack abs, plus it will give more flexibility to your body. On the other hand, with yoga, you will gain a lot more than just six-pack abs, because yoga is not just about burning calories and building muscles, but can also improve mental health. It gives a great workout to the whole body along with strengthening and stretching along with deep breathing and meditation. The best part about yoga is that it does not require any equipment and can be done anywhere. So let’s know about these 4 wonderful asanas of yoga to build six-pack abs.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Goa.
1. Halasan Yoga
This pose helps to tone your abdominal muscles, shoulders, back, and legs and also stimulates the digestive system, improving appetite. Also, it helps in relieving constipation.
How to do:
- Lie down on your back with your arms beside your body.
- Slowly using the strength of your abdominal muscles, raise your legs until they are perpendicular to the floor.
- Pressing your arms against the floor, lift your buttocks and continue to roll the spine until your big toes reach the ground above your head.
- Remain in this position for about 20-25 seconds.
- Slowly leaving this posture, slowly lower the feet to the ground.
- Relax and repeat.
2. Naukasana Yoga (Boat pose)
This yoga poses not only helps in strengthening the back and abdominal muscles but also tones the leg and arm muscles. With its help, you will be able to make six-pack abs easily.
How to do:
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat, bring your legs together and join your arms.
- Now while extending your arms towards your feet, lift your chest and feet off the ground.
- Your bodyweight should be completely on the buttocks.
- Keep your eyes, finger, and toes in a line.
- Now hold your breath and remain in this position for a few seconds.
- While exhaling, slowly bring the body to the starting position and relax.
3. Viparita Shalabhasana Yoga (Superman Pose)
This yoga pose stretches and strengthens the muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms, legs, abdomen, and lower back. In addition, it massages the spine and keeps the back supple. Along with this, it also improves blood circulation.
How to do:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms extended in front of you or by your side.
- Now, while looking down at your face, slowly raise your head, chest, thighs and legs together.
- Make sure your abdomen and pelvis are the only things touching the floor.
- Now feel your entire spine, your abdominals, and gluteal muscles working.
- Do this pose for 3-5 seconds or more if you can.
4. Plank pose yoga
If you’re doing crunches hoping to get a sexy six-pack, you’re probably wasting your time and energy. Try Plank Pose Yoga instead. This is a better option than crunches. Plank pose is one of the best exercises for toning abs as it works all the muscles in your core. A pose doesn’t just improve core strength and stability but works your entire body. When you do a plank pose, you can work your arms, legs, core, chest, back all at once.
How to do:
- Get into a standard push-up position, keeping arms straight under shoulders and legs.
- Keep your stomach, thigh, and back muscles tight.
- Now, raise your legs on your toes and stay in this position for about 45-60 seconds.
- Relax and repeat it at your convenience.